The National Bank is the largest commercial bank of Pakistan and CSR is an integral part of NBP's corporate policy. It has institutionalized by creating a separate Division and running a full-fledged CSR Program to bring positive change and improving quality of life of underprivileged members of our society. The Prime area of focus for CSR initiatives are Education, Health, Woman & Child, Special Persons, Culture & relief for affectees of natural disasters.
NBP has contributed in the 'Health' sector by providing financial and Equipment support to MALC Leprosy Centre, SIUT, Noor Hospital Chakwal, Ghulab Devi, Lady Willington, and Ganga Ram & Bolan Medical Hospitals. Bank also organizes Medical & Eye camps countrywide for free treatment of Underprivileged patients. NBP has recently adopted 05 outpatient Clinics at National Epilepsy center located in Karachi within the boundaries of Jinnah Post Graduate Medical Centre where free of cost treatment is provided to Epilepsy Patients.
In 'Education' sector, NBP is working on a major project aimed at expediting and facilitating socio-economic development through the spread of knowledge and skills at the grassroots level. Bank is supporting financially to "The HUB", "KSBL", "IBA", Taaleem Foundation school in Baluchistan, TCF School at Nawabshah and Children Care Foundation Lahore. Under NBP Scholarship Program more than 100 students belongs to Hunar Foundation, IBA Sukkur, PAF Sargodhian Sprit Trust and Academy INFAQ Foundation and Children Care Foundation Lahore are getting financial assistance. At provincial level Bank runs school & college Volunteer Training program (MOVE) in collaboration with FESF (Family Educational, and Service Foundation). Bank Sponsored Cultural events like All Pakistan Folk singing Mela at Faisalabad and Aalmi Mushaira at Arts Council Karachi.
NBP pays special attentions to Special person and distributed more than 600 Wheel Chairs, White Canes, and organize sporting activities at National Level. Bank initiated project "Empowered Women and Empowered Pakistan" vocational training to help needy and poor women especially women of rural back grounds. This project open and conclude in 2 centers of each province of Pakistan.
Awards and Achievements:
- NBP has been awarded with the "Gold Medal on CSR" by Prime Minister of Pakistan on basis of overall NBP contributions and donations for charitable, social, educational and public welfare purposes.
- NFEH‘s 10th CSR Summit & Awards was held on 18th January 2018. NBP won four awards from the NFEH’s Corporate Social Responsibility awards from the following categories:
- Sports and Recreational Activities
- Corporate Leadership
- Women, Welfare, Empowerment & Development
- Best CSR Manager for the Year 2017
- 7th International Corporate Social Responsibility Summit & Awards organized by The Professionals Network held on 25th January, 2018. NBP received 4 CSR Awards on the following categories in the:
- Best CSR Services for the Year
- Sports and Cultural Support
- Best services in Health & Education
- Cause Advocacy Awareness Campaign
SVP & Divisional Head-Corporate & Social Responsibilities Division
Tel: (92-21) 99220940
(92-21) 99220100 Ext 2077
Email: [email protected]